Milk, sugar, condensed milk and butter. That's it. Ours is not 'chocolate fudge' which is made very easily and quickly by simply melting chocolate and condensed milk together. This is a true labour of love! Essences, fruit, nuts and sometimes alcohol are added to make each flavour distinctive and divine.
TRADITIONAL STOVE TOP METHOD
There are many shortcuts to making something that resembles fudge; for example melting chocolate into condensed milk, using a microwave or even a slow cooker...but that's not how proper traditional fudge is made.
Making proper fudge is a science.
To begin with you need to have a supersaturated solution to achieve the perfect firmness in the finished fudge. This is obtained by reducing the liquid at the precise rate and to an exact temperature. Get this wrong and the resulting fudge can be anything from too soft to crumbly, dry, chewy or hard.
The next step, cooling, involves controlling the behaviour of the sugar seeds to stop any large crystals forming which would make the fudge grainy.
Next it is hand beaten to give it the creamy texture we crave before being allowed to set at room temperature.
Free lockdown local delivery extended!
FRESH FUDGE DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR!
I’ve extended my free delivery to all NG14 postcodes plus Bingham, Southwell, Gedling, Carlton, Colwick, Mapperley, Netherfield and Arnold with a minimum spend of just £5.00.
Free shipping anywhere else with a minimum spend of £15.00
Stock is still also available at...
Delights, Main Street, Burton Joyce
Barn Bespoke Lifestyle, Ropewalk, Southwell (Vegan only)
Jo-Hannah’s, Main Street, Lowdham
Zest for Life, Main Street, Burton Joyce (Vegan Only)
Fred Hallam’s High Road Road, Beeston
Woodborough Stores, Main Street, Woodborough
Floralands Garden Centre, Catfoot Lane, Lambley
Hamiltons, Main Street, Farnsfield.
Gourmet Bros, Nabbs Lane, Hucknall
What our customer say about us..
*Holy mother of God... pray for me... this stuff is amazing, really good, smooth & just really yeah... crack for non crack heads... - Pia.
* This fudge is by far the best I have ever eaten! - Joey.
* Fudge is perfecto love it. - Gaynor
* The fudge was melt in the mouth gorgeous, thank you. Xxx - Michelle
* I have been lucky enough to sample several of Fudgeology’s flavours and each one tastes as described!!!Just about to order more!!! - Jane
* Super tasty fudge and lots of great flavours to choose from. Quick response and very friendly. - George
* I’m in love with the Irish cream flavour..... yummmmmmy! 😋 - Lorna
Troffed my vanilla last night whilst watching the newest Alladin - delicious 😋👏💕 - Louise
* Heavenly, really moist as well as soft!. Jenni
* The cherry, almond and amaretto is too nice and its gone already! Its really nice. - Karen
* Your fudge is awesome!! We love the rhubarb and ginger - Cindy
What is fudgeology?
Put simply it is the study of fudge. In practice it's months of experimenting with fudge and by that I mean burning sugar, destroying pans and crying into my apron to find the perfect texture and balance of sublime flavours.